DIY Natural Stinky Foot and Shoe Spray

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

DIY Natural Stinky Foot and Shoe Spray

I love wearing closed-toe shoes more than wearing sandals (probably because I’m not confident to show off my feet). The problem is I live in a country with a very hot and humid weather so after a long day at work, my feet start to get sweaty in my shoes. Bacteria are attracted to moisture and are the major cause of foot odor. Luckily, it is not really hard to create your own natural deodorizing foot and shoe spray. Actually, this DIY recipe is inspired by Human Nature 100% Natural Deodorizing FootSpray. My husband brought it home one time and asked me if I can create my own version of it. I immediately checked its ingredient list and since I have most of the raw materials on hand, I decided to do my own version.

Ingredients
(Makes one 50ml spray bottle)

Rubbing alcohol
Distilled water
5 drops of peppermint essential oil
3 drops of lavender essential oil
10 drops of tea tree essential oil

Instructions

  1. Combine rubbing alcohol and essential oils in a spray bottle. Shake well.
  2. Fill the rest of the spray bottle with distilled water until it almost reaches the rim (leave a little space so we can still shake the mixture).
  3. Shake well to mix everything together.
Note: As much as possible, use a dark-colored or opaque spray bottle to store the mixture. This is because essential oils lose their aromatic and therapeutic properties when they are exposed to light. If you don’t have dark-colored or opaque spray bottle, then make sure to store the bottle in a cool and dark place.

How to use
  1. Shake the bottle well before use.
  2. For shoes: spray liberally inside the shoes and let the shoes dry before wearing them again.
  3. For feet: spray on feet prior to putting on shoes or socks.
Where to buy the materials

All of the essential oils used in this recipe can be bought from ISLAS Aromatics.

Conclusion

This DIY spray does its job of making your feet and shoes smell fresh again. Both the lavender and tea tree essential oils are responsible for neutralizing the odor because of their antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial properties. Also, the peppermint essential oil will give your feet a refreshing cooling effect. Finally, this spray can also be used to deodorize your gym paraphernalia like the yoga mat.

Do you know other natural alternative ways to deodorize your feet and shoes? Share them on the comment section below.

P.S. To always get the latest blog updates, don’t forget to follow me on Facebook.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. how much rubbing alcohol? it does not say

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Fill half of your spray bottle container with 70% rubbing alcohol and half with distilled water.

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe